Travelpro Maxlite 2 20in. Expandable Rollaboard review
If you’re a business traveler, your criteria for choosing a luggage might resemble the following:
- Can you pack a week worth’s of clothes?
- Is it easy to get around the airport?
- Will it fit in the overhead compartment of most airlines?
Rest assured, the Maxlite 2 20” Rollaboard meets those criteria, and then some.
The Travelpro Maxlite 2 20-inch Expandable Rollaboard is an ultra lightweight luggage. At a ridiculously low 6lbs, it is only surpassed by the Rimowa Salsa Air Cabin 22” Multiwheel Trolley as the lightest carry on luggage. As a result, it enables you to pack more of your belongings without surpassing the weight limit of the baggage. All the Travelpro Maxlite Rollaboards also have an expandable capability so that the bag can accommodate the extra garments and gifts that you want to bring back home with you. The Maxlite 2 20” Rollaboard has the added advantage of being within anyone’s budget, as it costs under $80.
This durable carry on is built to cover the distance, and will suit repeated fliers as well as leisure travelers. Accessible in both the spinner and rollaboard version, the Maxlite 2 offers smooth rolling either way.
The Maxlite 2 has spacious interiors, easy mobility and great packing features. The Rollaboards provides internal pockets, one pocket at the front having a deep storage capacity that can actually accommodate trench coat or other necessities (but no laptops), and a large inside pocket behind the bag’s lid. A ticket pocket incorporated inside the front pocket offers a fast access to keys, iPod, wallet, boarding passes and passport.
The Maxlite 2 integrates sturdy components, such as the corner guards protecting the recessed wheels. As a result, the wheels are unlikely to break, which is a problem far too common with competing carry-ons. In fact, a lot of users have expressed their surprise to see the wheels handle the cobblestones of Old Europe. The durability of this Travelpro carry on luggage bag is further enhanced by the design of the locking strong nylon zippers found on the main compartment. Likewise, the polyester oxford fabric is designed to handle the bumps, scrapes and spills that can occur whilst in an airport (though not as well as nylon, but that would have made the bag more expensive…).
A locking telescoping handle, finished bound seams and edges and reinforced corner bumpers makes the Maxlite 2 Travelpro carry-on luggage bag tough. In addition, its top, side and bottom carry handles make this bag easy to carry from all angles. A final big improvement over other carry on luggage is that this one doesn’t tip over when left to its own device.
- The Maxlite 2 has ergonomic zipper pulls of high tensile strength that enhances a secure and effortless opening and closing.
- The corner guards, crash-guard wheel housings and the protective skid guards enhance protection against any occurrence of damage during travel.
- The inline skate wheels make use of high quality materials for a long-term durability and move easily on any kind of surface.
- The size is within allowed measurements for almost all airlines, but the bag will still carry several days’ worth of clothes.
- The grooved handle tubes manage stability and provide more strength when supporting totes.
- The low-profile neoprene carry handles are remarkable and ensures maximum comfort.
- The Maxlite 2 20” Rollaboard expand 2 inches to maximize space and packing flexibility.
- The zippered lid pocket of full length offers a simple storage for blouses, accessories and shirts.
- The large zippered pocket at the front offers storage of magazines, newspapers, sweaters, coats and other last minute stuffs.
- The attached ticket pocket located within the front pocket, offers an immediate access to the passport, keys, wallet, boarding passes and iPod.
- This carry-on bag would cover almost every need if it had an add-on luggage hook/strap to accommodate a purse, or a suiter system. But that would have made it more expensive, cancelling out the no-frills approach.
A lot of flight crews use this luggage, and for good reason. The blue color is professional while adding a cheery touch. It’s a great luggage if you want to stay classy when meeting a business prospect. The interior compartments make organization easy, and the conservative size and 6lbs weight make the Travelpro’s Maxlite 2 20” Rollaboard one of the lightest carry on luggage.
Buy the Lighest Carry On Luggage: The Travelpro Maxlite 2 20in Expandable Rollaboard is Available For $99 on Amazon.com
Summary: The Maxlite 2 20in Rollaboard from Travelpro uses an ultra lightweight frame to make this the 2nd lighest carry on luggage out there. The bag itself has nice organizational features, but no extra ones found on more expensive models (add-a-bag strap, suiter system). At less than $80, we don't mind...